Friday Night Fic Spotlight: AngelycDevil


Hello all! I am so terribly bad at getting this posted at a decent hour. That will change now that some time has opened up for me. As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a little help with getting this stuff together as well as just general stuff to help with the fundraiser, if anyone is interested. If so, contact me on Twitter or email me at fandom.a.juvenilediabetes@gmail.com.

Anyway, on with this week's Friday Night Fic Spotlight!

 
Title: The Celestial Guide to Eternal Love
Author: AngelycDevil
Summary: He's always been different. Something happened to his brain before he was born. He's clumsy. He's a genius who can't talk to a girl. Until he's told that "she" will be coming into his life. His missing piece. And then he sees her... AH. Drabble. Mostly fluff.
 
This fic was absolutely adorable! I love a sweet love story and this doesn't disappoint. It was very easy and enjoyable to read. I found myself laughing along with the funny parts, saying, "Awww," with the insanely sweet parts, and getting angry when the not-so-great things happened. The wonderful thing about this story is that it encompasses just about every human emotion there is. I've always been an avid reader and that is something I've always loved about a good story. It stays with you, and this one certainly has stayed with me.
 
First of all, it's a drabble fic, which I have not read very many of and was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked it! I enjoy long chapters because so much can happen, but after reading this one, I could totally get behind drabble fics. Hell, I might even write one!
 
It begins with probably one of the coolest meetings between Edward and Bella I've ever read. They meet on a subway, Bella being her clumsy self and Edward being the knight in shining armor. It's cute because Bella is all worried about this guy being a stalker or something, but obviously, it doesn't turn out that way.
 
The story progresses and we find out that Edward is Rosalie's brother and Bella just happens to be friends with Rosalie. She doesn't know this when she first meets Edward, though. There's a bit of a secret here that Rosalie lets her in on, but since I'm not sure if all of you lovely folks have read the story, I won't reveal the secret. Just know, it's part of what makes this story so good.
 
After a little bit of a misunderstanding and a kidnapping session (LOL!), Edward and Bella begin their relationship. The way he loves her and is there for her, is especially wonderful. It's so refreshing to see such a straight-forward love story. Sure, there's some obstacles, but the main focus is the love between Edward and Bella and how they always seemed to be meant for each other. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of really great fics out there that don't meet this criteria, that are still just as satisfying. This one just really sucked me in.
 
My absolute favorite part of this story is the significance of the cake key chain. You'll notice it's included in the banner. You'll have to read the story to figure out what the significance is, but it's really fantastic.
 
I don't really have a favorite character, because I loved them all in this story, even when they weren't at their best. I will say huge kudos to Miss Alice for orchestrating the kidnapping session Edward and Bella had to endure. Brilliant, Alice!
 
If you're not in to incredibly adorable love stories, this will not be for you, but if you are, you need to read this fic (if you haven't already)!
 
A big thank you to AngelycDevil! Your story was fabulous, my dear.
 
Until next time...
 
Lia Jane


0 comments: