Super Sunday Fic Spotlight!

So, Blogger decided not to post this Fic Spotlight on Friday night like it was supposed to. My dear Cloe Marrie, I apologize for its lateness, but here is your Friday Night Fic Spotlight!

 
 
 
Title: Lost Freedom
Author: Cloe Marrie
 
Where to begin on this story... It was heartbreaking, emotional, and engaging from the very first line: "My name is Isabella Marie Masen and I'm incarcerated for attempted murder." From that moment on, I was hooked. It's very important as an author to find a way to interest the readers quickly and Cloe did it nicely! 
 
As the story progresses, you find yourself feeling for Bella and the circumstances that led to her crime. The relationship between Edward and Bella starts out romantic and sweet: "From the first moment I saw Edward, I only had eyes for him." It got sticky sweet when the subject of sex came up: "He was understanding and was content with just cuddling and kissing. He said he would be satisfied with waiting until I was ready to go further." Let's all join in with a big ole chorus of "AWWWWW"!
 
Then, the relationship shifted. Trouble in paradise began to brew on the first prom night. Bella still wasn't ready to sleep with Edward and even though Edward was his usual understanding self, rumors began to circulate that he had spent the night with someone else. These were ignored, but it was a great way to foreshadow coming events. I found myself getting incredibly angry with Edward and maybe even a little murderous after their children were born. He became controlling and would not allow her to see her friends. Who does that? It was a miserable existence for poor Bella. 
 
Thankfully, she doesn't just lay down and take it. Unfortunately, the way she handled it landed her in prison.
 
Overall, the story is very good and worth a read, if you haven't already.
 
My favorite character in this story was Emmett. He's such a loveable character anyway, and Cloe did a fabulous job writing him.
 
A warning to potential readers: if you don't like Edward as the bad guy, this story won't be for you. There's also quite a bit of angst, especially when it comes to lost relationships with her kids. Personally, I enjoy reading these types of stories.
 
Another great thing to add here is the ending. It's just as wonderful as the beginning and even gives a warning to women being abused:
"If I could make a statement to all the women out there that are in an abusive relationship: Listen to your family and friends as they care about YOU. Don't be like me and ignore them. Get out before it's too late. You could end up losing the people you love the most, or worse, your own life."
 
Truer words were never spoken.
 
Thank you Cloe for sharing this fantastic story! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
 
Lia Jane
 
P.S. There's an awesome outtake posted with this story as Chapter 2 which details the other prom night where they finally have sex. HOT lemon and ridiculously sweet Edward. A bit of a sassy and confident Bella as well. Good stuff people, good stuff!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm speechless Lia. I feel honored to have "Lost Freedom" featured as "Friday Fic Spotlot" it means a lot! I was feeling down but this has brightened my day. Thank you so much!

    No worries :) couldn't be helped lol it wasn't your fault.

    Thank you again for this Lia it really does mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete