WELCOME!!


Hello! Welcome to the Fandom Against Juvenile Diabetes blog! Here we will be posting related news and information on how you can help with this cause.

First I would like to tell you why this cause is so near and dear to my heart. My daughter is 4 years old and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 3. She has to have 4 shots a day and her sugar must be checked just as often. She deals with pain on a daily basis and it's not fair! It broke our hearts when she was diagnosed and I want to see some advancements made in this field as I'm sure others who have young children with Diabetes would like to see as well.

Our goal is to raise money and awareness but we can't do that without the help of the fantastic authors that donate their time and stories. So to you, we say Thank you!

This page is still a work in progress and it is not determined when we will have a schedule ironed out for submission deadlines, etc. but I should hopefully have it figured out soon.

Lia Jane

6 comments:

  1. I am with ya Lia! My cousin is 5 and has juvenile diabetes. I myself just discovered that I am a type 2 diabetic. It no where compares to your little angel, but I understand. I will definitely spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much TheUnderStudy! I appreciate all of the support and can't thank all of you enough! I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and yourself. I hope for both of your sakes that a cure is found. That's what we will continue to fight for. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad someone is doing this! My younger brother is 13 and was diagnosed Type 1 a year ago. It's been a roller coaster and any chance to get closer to a cure is one worth endorsing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just signed up. This will be my first fandom causes fic. My father died in 2008 from complications from adult onset type 2 diabetes and my 22 yr old dtr is hypoglycemic. It's a great cause and I'm honored to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! I'm currently 19 and was diagnosed with type one diabetes when I was 4, so I can relate to what's going on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my fandom cause fic but im gonna try to have it done for the cause. A good friend little sis was 7 when she find out and my dad was diagnosis a year ago.

    ReplyDelete